PE & Sport Grant
In April 2013, the Department for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport announced new funding of £150 million to support the delivery of PE and school sport.
Funding is currently allocated to all state-maintained secondary, primary, middle and special schools (including non-maintained special schools), academies and pupil referral units with primary aged pupils.
Last year our school received £16,000 to be spent on improving the provision of PE and sport for the benefit of all pupils. At Bowes, the funding will support the following:
- High quality physical education, as part of the curriculum, including knowledge and understanding of a healthy lifestyle.
- Support from the Enfield PE team for teachers to develop sports practice and confidence in delivering PE and sports lessons.
- Wider range of extracurricular clubs.
- Structured playtime and lunchtime activities to encourage participation and promote healthy well-being.
- Entering different leagues, festivals, sport tournaments and competitions organised by the Enfield PE Team.
- Sports enrichment opportunities across the Enfield Learning Trust.
- Sports Leaders work with the Enfield PE team to lead games during playtimes and lunchtimes.
Our Sports Premium Report can be downloaded below. Please see the Strategic Plan 2018/19 for a breakdown of the KS2 swimming achievements of 2018.